- - Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- $11.00 - $16.00 based on experience
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, and paid time off
The Engineer is expected to perform highly skilled maintenance and repair for the property, including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, and plumbing tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to making every guest is satisfied
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hotel Standards
• Install, adjust, modify and repair building systems and assess the conditions of all effective operations.
• Identifying faults and implementing preventative methods.
Replace parts/supplied and authorize the purchase of new parts and supplies.
• Test safety systems, eg. emergency lighting and record keeping
• Report all malfunctioning external signs or unlit areas to security, to be aware of and implement company Fire, Health & Safety, Hygiene, and Electricity at work.
• Perform inspections on a regular basis of working orders and checks adjusts repairs and monitor the building system.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Create and adhere to the annual budget for department.
• Assist with the implementation preventive maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
• Assist with periodic inspection of all safety systems.
• Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and repair projects.
• Assist the engineering staff in adhering to Loss Prevention guidelines.
• Other duties as required
• Ensuring that the rooms and property are maintained in the best possible condition, with the least inconvenience to guests
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least 2 years experience in a similar role or hold a degree qualification with at least one year's work experience.
• Must have good communication and customer service skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English/Spanish and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Demonstrated engineering skills
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Refrigeration, electrical, plumbing skills, boiler operation and maintenance skills, water treatment operation knowledge.
• Must have valid driver's license.
Tools & Equipment:
Hand and power tools, electrical test equipment, refrigeration equipment, plumbing equipment, welding equipment, audio-visual equipment, pipe cutting equipment, telephone, office equipment, calculator, computer/computerized monitoring systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed for an extended period of time
• Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
• Proper lifting techniques required
• Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts