Housekeeping Room Attendant
- - Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO, Employee Meals, Hotel Discounts worldwide
The Room Attendant cleans and supplies guest rooms and related areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Receive room assignments, priority room requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management. Review room assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies, linen and amenities are available to properly clean guest rooms. Review list for any special requests. Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Clean and stock guest rooms with appropriate supplies in accordance with policies, procedures and brand standards. Change linens and towels, make beds, scrub bathroom, vacuum, mop, dust, wash windows, mirrors and walls, remove trash, place amenities, etc. Perform quality check on the television, telephone, heating/air conditioning, and lights.
- Appropriate and proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
- Prompt reports to housekeeping management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in guest rooms after checkout for entry into Lost and Found.
- Perform duties of Lobby Attendant, Turndown Attendant or Laundry Attendant as assigned.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective action may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.