Housekeeping House Person
- - Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- $9.50 - $10
- Full Time
The house attendant's primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cleaning the parking lot and exterior grounds of the hotel, transporting clean and soiled linen to and from the laundry area to room attendants, vacuuming carpeting, shampooing carpeting, mopping floors, moving furniture, cleaning windows, removing trash from offices, cleaning public restrooms and any other duties that the Director of Housekeeping, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, or Housekeeping Supervisor see fit to assign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to ensuring every guest is satisfied
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hotel Standards
House Attendant Duties
• Greet all guests (both internal and external)
• Clean the parking lot and exterior grounds
• Transport clean and soiled linens
• Remove trash from guest hallways and lobby area when needed
• Vacuum carpeting
• Shampoo carpeting
• Mop floors
• Clean furniture
• Move furniture
• Deliver items to guest rooms per request
• Lift, twist, bend stretch, all in the performance of their duties.
Lobby Attendant Duties
• Greet all guests (both internal and external)
• Maintain cleanliness of the lobby area: front and rear entrance, lobby seating, lower lobby seating, lobby elevator landing, parking lot, business center, fitness room, pool area and restrooms, guest laundry area and walkways
• Maintain cleanliness of the meeting/conference center area including the foyer, walkways, hallways and restrooms
• Maintain cleanliness of all office space, restrooms, walkways, and hallways
• Vacuum all carpeted areas in the entire lobby, meeting/conference center foyer and office areas
• Clean/wipe all glass doors, tables, displays, windows and fixtures in the entire lobby, meeting/conference center foyer and office areas
• Clean/wipe all tables and counters in the entire lobby, meeting/conference center foyer and office areas
• Clean and stock all restrooms in the pool area, meeting/conference center and office areas
• Maintain cleanliness and order of all furniture in the lobby area (spot clean and rotate cushions)
• Empty and clean trash cans in the entire lobby, meeting/conference center foyer and office areas
• Clean, sweep and mop all marble/tiled floor in the lobby and restrooms – keep dry and polished
• Clean and sweep the front entrance vestibule and outside the doors
• Empty and clean the trash cans in the front and rear entrance to the lobby
• Report all damages to the department supervisor, manager and other appropriate personnel
• Other duties as required
• Lobby Attendant may be primarily assigned to the hotel lobby and surrounding areas and facilities but responsibilities may also extend to the hotel grounds outside the building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School degree preferred. Previous Housekeeping experience is helpful.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed for an extended period of time
• Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
• Proper lifting techniques required
• Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
• Ability to use various EQP vacuum cleaners, buffers.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts