- - Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- 11.00 - 12.00
- Full Time
The main functions of the Security Agent are to maintain day by day operation of Security Department, which is responsible for the protection of hotel guest, employees and property.
The Security Agent is responsible for providing a secure and safe environment for hotel guest and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to making every guest is satisfied
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hotel Standards
• Approach all encounters with guest and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Designate duties.
• Conduct investigations.
• Arrange and implement procedures to cover emergencies such as fires, threats, evacuation of building.
• Set up procedures for individual departments to reduce opportunity for theft and decrease dangerous situations.
• Produce major part of Security paper work.
• Participate in staff and other meeting.
• Responsible for providing a secure and safe environment for hotel guest and employees.
• Conduct property walkthroughs of all guest and team members' areas as well as the surrounding property every hour throughout your shift.
• Update shift log entries regularly
• Transport Guests and Team Members in hotel Shuttle
• Perform Due-Outs Daily
• Assist Front Desk with Bell duties when needed
• Monitor Parking Lot
• Conduct a proper shift handover; including a walkthrough of the shuttle
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
• High School Diploma is required.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to climb stairs, descend stairs. On occasion physically deter someone who poses a threat to our guest/employees
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressures situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
OTHER ABILITIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
First Aid, C.P.R., and law enforcement training helpful.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts