Food & Beverage Supervisor
- - Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
The main function is to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous, correct service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to making every guest is satisfied
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hotel Standards
F&B Supervisor Operations
• Ensure the Bistro, Banquet and bar operations meet hotel standards.
• Maintain a through working knowledge of Micros register system including procedures and paperwork.
• Supervise dining room/room service according to forecasting and staffing guidelines.
• Ensure staff is in proper uniform, with nametag and good hygiene is maintained.
• Develop skills necessary to enable promotion of team members.
• Help employees acquire the skills to achieve their goals.
• Understand that when people dine in hotels they expect to receive great service and be pampered.
• Hire team members who understand that and love to serve.
• Maintain proper lighting and music levels in dining room. TV must be off during dinner hours. Menus must be clean and presentable.
• Be completely knowledgeable of Hotel's emergency procedures and the responsibilities that are to be followed.
• Immediately notify manager of any emergency, security threat or hazardous situation.
• Use best judgment in handling any opportunities.
• Record all opportunities to keep communication lines open.
• Make sure all side work is done, tables are wiped, reset tables, floors are to be swept and mopped, everything is restocked, china and flatware is clean and properly put away, tray runs are done three times a night.
• Keep log of all room service and report any opportunities.
• Must maintain positive attitude at all times.
• Contact Food and Beverage Manager in any emergencies before leaving work.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with the company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Other duties as required
• Accountable for sales and profit in his/her area
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude throughout Restaurant and back of the house with guests and staff members
Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve Company goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• At least one year supervisory position held in restaurant or hotel. With Micros knowledge a plus.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Serve Safe and TIPS training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individuals must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
• Following proper lifting procedures.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hour shifts.
• Must be able to show leadership abilities.
• Must have organizational skills and quick decision maker.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts