- - Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Lucrative Incentive Plan, 401K
PALM BEACH GARDENS MARRIOTT
JOB TITLE: SALES MANAGER
EXEMPT (Y/N): Y JOB CODE:
SHIFT: Monday – Friday; 8AM – 6PM DEPT CODE:
SUPERVISOR: Director of Sales
NEXT LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: General Manager
This position requires strong negotiation skills and good judgment, as well as the ability to work well with other departments and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both inside and outside the hotel. We prefer prior hotel sales experience and sales experience within the area market. Some travel is required. ESS scores must be above brand average.
You will be responsible for contacting new clients and maintaining relationships with existing client base. You will analyze the hotel's demand segments, sources of business for each segment and manage pricing and rooms inventory to maximize revenues and profits. You will be expected to know the principle competition for each segment and leverage hotel's relative strengths against each. Every member of our sales team must maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the business.
-Meet assigned market segments sales goals by soliciting, selling and confirming business as required.
-Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business.
-Increases sales volume and profitability by assisting in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan.
• Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major, preferred; at least 2-3 years experience in hotel sales required, Bilingual preferred.
• Requires a minimum of 2 to 3 years in a hotel sales position.
• Familiarity with applicable hotel standards and procedures.
• Requires knowledge, skill and ability in hotel sales.
• Working knowledge of upscale, full service properties is also preferred.
• Computer proficiency required, CITY, Marsha, PMS experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong business writing skills.
• Ability to gain confidence and build rapport with customers.
• Excellent time-management skills and ability to delegate and handle multiple priorities.
• Exhibit creative problem solving and strategizing.
• Ability to effectively train, coach and direct administrative assistant.
• Strong organizational skills for most effective results and efficiency.
• Strong negotiating skills and decision-making capabilities, resourcefulness to conduct independent. research and gather information to fully understand your market accompanied by solid analytical skills.
• Ability to handle conflict and resolve situations in a logical win/win manner both for customer and hotel
• Manage the sales and catering staff in the absence of Director of Sales.
• Practice the Basics of Brilliant Hosting at all times
• Negotiates room blocks, room rates, function space, food and beverage prices and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines. Confirms in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via group sales contract, corporate rate agreement, or catering event order.
• Participates in sales trips to key feeder markets and attends trade shows to maximize the generation of hotel sales and revenues.
• Participates in industry and civic organizations and all local community functions representing sales opportunities for the hotel.
• Conducts hotel tours and entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with the company and property policies.
• Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered and quotes prices. Estimate of 50 calls per week minimum.
• Sell group business within the assigned markets.
• Consistently and meticulously communicate all details of group bookings to the Convention Service Manager of the hotel.
• Plan, execute and follow up on quality sales trips to assigned geographic markets and trade shows on a regular basis.
• Responsible for development, solicitation and maintenance of accounts in assigned market segments to meet or exceed budgeted goals, and for the management of all aspects of the Sales department in accordance with hotel standards.
• Review daily status of business, schedules, priority assignments, booking and all information pertinent to the department operation; organize traces for follow-up.
• Monitor and handle all inquiry calls on a timely basis; actively solicit and book business following hotel standards. Meet with clients to work out the details of their requirement for rooms; suggestively sell hotel features and benefits.
• Prepare plans and actions in accordance with annual Sales & Marketing plan and complete weekly sales reports.