Banquet House Person
- - Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Part Time
To set banquet rooms for meetings and functions according to specifications provided by banquet supervisor to achieve optimum guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
• Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests' needs
• Committed to making every guest is satisfied
• Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
• Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
• Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hotel Standards
Banquet Houseperson Operations
• Present a pleasant and professional relationship with all customers and co-workers and see to specific needs when requested.
• Ensure continual cleanliness of banquet areas.
• Set up banquet rooms according to specifications.
• Ensure all banquet supplies are clean, well maintained and available for service and kitchen staff.
• Notify supervisor immediately pertaining to any safety, security or maintenance opportunities for guests or employees.
• Assist Banquet supervisor in any other manner deemed necessary for the well being of the operation
• Adhere to the company employee handbook at all times
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Other duties as required
• Working in a professional manner at all times and maintaining a clean work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed for an extended period of time
• Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
• Proper lifting techniques required
• Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and understand the sense of urgency for our guests.
• Employees must always be on time, wear clean proper uniform and have positive attitude.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts