- - Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Marriott Reduced Cost Stays & Perks
Supervises and directs the financial activities of the Hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in a timely manner in accordance with GAPP.
• Minimum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Minimum 5+ years Marriott (preferred) Finance experience in a progressive supervisory capacity with related financial education background.
• Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control (e.g., accounting and budgeting).
• Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of Marriott's business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps Marriott's values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
• Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
• Monitor and analyze financial data of operations in order to advise management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
• Prepare monthly Profit & Loss Statement prior to the 15th day of each month and distribute to all stakeholders, ensuring accuracy that includes proper accruals
• Prepare monthly tax returns for all applicable taxes, including, but not limited to Sales/Use, Occupancy, Communications Tax, have all applicable backup saved, submit returns in a timely manner.
• Manages receivables, payables, credit and cash handling functions. Including, but not limited to, approving payables, direct bill applications.
• Prepares financial analysis of hotel prorations including variance explanation and makes recommendations to the achievement of financial goals/targets.
• Develops and implements financial control procedures and systems, ensures compliance, maintains documents for hotel audits of hotel accounts, ensures compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
• Responsible for completing a monthly A&L reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts and submitting all documentation to the CFO for review by the 25th day of the next month, including bank account reconciliation, important notes on aged receivables, etc.
• Directs the preparation of forecasts and budgets as required.
• Ensures Management Fees are submitted to Management Company each month.
• Oversee escrow funding with lenders, including but not limited to, transferring money each month between accounts
• Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys and personal time records.
• Monitor and enforce compliance with all pertinent local, state, and federal laws and regulations relating to operations and employment.