- - Orlando Marriott Lake Mary (MCOML)
- Lake Mary, FL, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY OF POSITION: To provide the highest levels of guest satisfaction while working within a team-oriented culinary environment. Follow established recipes, photographs and methods in the preparation of dinner cookery and other food products. Applicant must be versed in the culinary language and have good prep skills, cooking skills, including but not limited to, broiling, sautéing, baking, roasting, etc. The associate will need to have some artistic ability and be able to successfully coordinate the preparation and cooking of ala Carte orders with the assistance of the AM supervisor and chef. They must also be capable of working in a sanitary and safe manner, taking care to follow established Marriott corporate standards, HACCP guidelines, and sanitation and safety standards.
• Minimum of one year of culinary-restaurant preferred. Previous line, dinner cookery experience in a fine dining background is a positive.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend written, verbal and diagrammed instructions and carry them to successful completion.
• Ability to follow simple mathematical formulas in the production of food product.
• Must be versed in basic preparation and sanitary procedures of culinary operation. No certification is required, but food-related classes, and documentation is beneficial.
• Minimum lifting of 50lbs.
• While performing duties, one will be required to regularly taste, touch and/or smell products utilizing appropriate methods to ensure quality and consistency
• Have the ability to use eye and hand coordination to handle products and tools related to successful completion of job-related tasks.
• Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching.
• Some exposure to cleaning chemicals
• Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
• Must have acceptable knife skills, artistic ability and creativity.
• Must be a team player and capable of understanding basic instructions to ensure proper preparation of food product.
• Must be able to follow established recipes, photographs and sanitation procedures and have a good background in the production of various foods and cuisines with the assistance of supervisor and chef.
• Practice the Basics of Brilliance at all times
• Assure quality control of product being prepared and served by following set standards and recipes.
• Follow established company policies and procedures to assure a good employee-employer relationship and the successful completion of daily culinary duties.
• Proper utilization of time to ensure a consistent quality and quantity of product preparation.
• Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in any assigned tasks to ensure guest satisfaction.
• To have adequate knife skills, to ensure proper product preparation while working in a safe and consistent manner.
• Candidate will be responsible for keeping work areas neat and sanitary per Health Department Guidelines, and established sanitation procedures.
• Be responsible for presentation of all food product prepared and served in the culinary aspects of job, following established standards, but also having the artistic ability to develop creative and new presentations
• The characteristics described here are representative of those found in the culinary environment and the ability to handle them are essential to the successful completion of the associate's job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the associate will frequently encounter intense environmental conditions, which may include heat, and/or cold, humid conditions, moderate noise levels. Associate will also be exposed to stress levels representative of the culinary trade as well as having to work with mechanical and hand-powered kitchen equipment.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts