- - Orlando Marriott Lake Mary (MCOML)
- Lake Mary, FL, USA
- 7.00 plus Gratuities
- Full Time
The Banquet Captain is responsible for the successful execution of meetings and events as well as supervising and training banquet staff.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as hotel staff. Ensure that all room sets, equipment, service levels, and food presentation exceed our customers' expectations.
- Responsible for training, supervision and scheduling of banquet staff. Provide support and guidance to build and maintain a highly engaged banquet team. Ensure that team members follow Marriott Brand Standard as well as follow work practices that create a clean, safe and well maintained environment. Confirm that all staff are following the banquet event order in a proper and timely manner. Responsible for checking all function sets, coffee breaks, buffet tables, bar sets etc. are set to departmental standards.
- First on site to greet the meeting planner/event host prior to function. Confirm all customers' needs are met. Accommodate last minute changes and challenges that arise by proactively problem solving and communicating with appropriate hotel staff as needed.
- Basic computer skills required. Including but not limited to email communication, printing daily checks and revenue reports as well as required Marriott Training.
- Strong organizational skills required. Responsible for maintaining and organizing back of house and inventory of supplies. Report to Event Manager in timely manner for supplies needed.
- Work collaboratively as needed with hotel staff including, but not limited to, Event Manager, Executive Chef, Sales and Operations Managers, and Engineers
Pinnacle Hotel Management https://pinnaclehotelmanagement.hirecentric.com