Director of Sales
- - Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary (LKMFLHW)
- Lake Mary, FL, USA
- 37,000 - 40,000
- Full Time
- 401k, Health, Dental, Life
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing, coordinating, training and supervising the Sales Administrator in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration.
He/She is also responsible for selling, growing, and handling existing accounts while generating new business to ensure that Room revenues and Catering revenues meet or exceed performance in the marketplace.
This position requires strong negotiation skills and good judgment, as well as the ability to work well with other departments and maintain strong interpersonal relationships both inside and outside the hotel. We require prior hotel sales experience and prefer sales experience within the area market. Some travel is required.
You will be responsible for contacting new clients and maintaining relationships with existing client base. You will analyze the hotel's demand segments, sources of business for each segment and manage pricing and rooms inventory to maximize revenues and profits. You will be expected to know the principle competition for each segment and leverage hotel's relative strengths against each. Every member of our sales team must maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the business.
-Meet assigned market segments budgeted sales goals by soliciting, selling and confirming business as required.
-Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business.
-Increases sales volume and profitability by assisting in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan.
- Detail oriented sales person and sales force leader, heavy catering knowledge and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to gain confidence and build rapport with customers
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to delegate and handle multiple priorities
- Exhibit creative problem solving and strategizing
- Ability to effectively train, coach and direct administrative assistant
- Strong organizational skills for most effective results and efficiency
- Strong negotiating skills and decision-making capabilities, resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather information to fully understand your market accompanied by solid analytical skills
- Ability to handle conflict and resolve situations in a logical win/win manner both for customer and hotel