Front Desk Associate-Part Time
- - Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF (MCORE)
- FL, USA
- Part Time
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pinnacle Hotel Management.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
ENERGY AND DRIVE:
Energetic and takes initiative. Is pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks. Strives to exceed expectations and goals. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
• Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
• Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
• Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
• Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
• Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
• Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
• Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
• Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
• Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
• Contributes and maintains established information and communications sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
• Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
• Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
• Proficient in position required job skills and knowledge. Intelligent in grasping and integrating new information. Is an active learner with a strong sense of curiosity. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems. Considers multiples resources and methods for analyzing problems. Makes great decisions.
• Is effective in prioritizing work; consistently manages time and processes to create maximum efficiency with minimum disruption or redundancy. Is time sensitive, understands how work and processes fit in with other departmental or business priorities and objectives. Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes. Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
Can think and act independently with confidence. Has personal fortitude and integrity when faced with challenges
PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Welcoming and warm personality. Able to engage easily and actively connect with others. Is genuinely caring and compassionate; visibly demonstrates desire to understand others. Creates confidence and trust with others, is socially aware of self and others and is known for communicating the right message at the right time. Utilizes a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation. Is comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels. Is direct yet tactful and considerate of audience. Positively accepts and provides feedback.
• Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
• Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills. Must be fluent in oral and written English.
• Must have vision ability to read written communiques and monochrome computer screen.
• Must have hand and finger dexterity to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
• Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
High School diploma or equivalent
Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copier, cash register, PC, fax machine, and PBX machine.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%3C/p>