Guest Services Representative
- - Residence Inn Orlando Downtown (MCOZD)
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Hotel discounts. Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. Additional plan such as life and pet insurance are also available.
Guest Service Representatives are responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Guest Service Representatives must also provide attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education and Experience
- College course work in related field helpful, but not required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guest Service Representatives must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Guest Service Representatives must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- General knowledge of how to use Microsoft Office applications and Windows is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Greet and welcome all guests in accordance with Pinnacle Hotel Management and Brand Standards.
- Always maintain a friendly and warm demeanor.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Know and follow Brands Service Program.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag per Brand Standards.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Pinnacle Hotel Management and local policy standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Always comply with Pinnacle Hotel Management standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Be familiar with all Pinnacle Hotel Management and hotel specific policies, as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Know and flawlessly execute the hotel's mobile strategy per Brand Standards.
- Complete training as required for the Brand within the timeframes given.
- Maintain appropriate certifications as required by the Brand, as well local and state ordinances.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone and ensure that all Pinnacle Hotel Management standards are met.
- Monitor inventory levels in The Market and resupply as needed.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel service, facilities, and hours of operation.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding the local area regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all Pinnacle Hotel Management credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and special promotions, be familiar with all in house groups, be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the PMS.
- Complete all shift checklists as required.
- Attend meetings as required by hotel leadership.
- Assist vendors as needed.
- Know and follow guidelines for the use of two-way radios, or other electronic devices used for intra-hotel communication.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed in an efficient and courteous manner to guests and meeting room.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Front Desk work areas and the surrounding Public Space areas.
- Perform any other duties as requested by leadership.