- - Orlando Marriott Lake Mary (MCOML)
- Lake Mary, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Eligible for benefits and PTO after 90 days. Marriott Room Rate Discounts.
• To manage the day to day maintenance and operation of the hotel, its grounds and parking facilities under the direction of Engineering Management.
• To continually support and improve engineering services that constantly monitor productivity of team and effectively address issues affecting both guests and associates.
• To be an independent mechanic, able to analyze problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly including procurement of materials, parts, ect., and needed scheduling arrangement with a high degree of quality.
• To assist in the planning and execution of required training programs for all engineering personnel.
• The Marriott Hotel functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. This position requires the ability to schedule manpower to meet the needs of the hotels business demands, also controls labor to monitor and control overtime in the department.
• Manage repair and maintenance projects and building improvements by effectively coordinating and planning all tasks in advance. Utilize all possible resources. Coordinate efforts with engineering and other affected departments. Use project management techniques along with the appropriate assigned engineering team members to preform project planning and execution. All methods, materials and practices must meet local codes, Marriott specifications, national codes and standard practices. Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files. Material procurement and coordination of their availability are also critical to the success of the position. Our goal is to cost-effectively maximize the schedules.
• Language Skills- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, (Lockout Tagout, JSA's), building plans, equipment manuals, and schematics, The ability to write routine reports, keep logs and correspond with associates, vendors and customers.
• The ability to plan projects for the Engineering Department, both short term and long term. To effectively utilize and motivate manpower efficiently and safely working to better the guest experience.
SPECIFIC JOB PREREQUISITES AND KNOWLEDGE
• High School Certificate, plus two years technical training or 5 years' experience in a maintenance field 3 of which are in a hotel Engineering Department.
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license.
• Must have the ability to secure a level II or higher EPA refrigerant certification.
• Professional Demeanor- Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
• This position requires Proficiency in any 3 of the following categories, above average skills in 3 more of the following categories and basic skills in the remainder of the categories.
1. AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION
Heating Systems Supply Fans
Ventilation Systems Fan Coil Units
Air Conditioning Systems Refrigerators and Walk-ins
Chiller/Boiler Controls Ice Machines
Expansion Tanks and Make up Systems
Condenser Loops Dryer Systems
Troubleshooting Read Schematics and Blue Prints
Equipment Controls Set up electrical Systems for functions
Maintain Electrical Distribution Systems throughout the hotel
Applicable Codes Generator transfer Switches
Install Conduit Runs
Pumps Related Equipment
Exhaust Fans Generators
Laundry Equipment Chillers
Boilers Water Softeners
Weld Water Treatment & Related Chemicals
Water Distribution & Balance Assemble Piping
5. PHEUMATIC/ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS & CONTROLS
Compressors Flow Restrictors
Relays Related Test Equipment
Receiver Controls EMS/BMS Computers
EMS/BMS modules Digital/Analog Differentiation
6. CARPENTRY & FINISH SKILLS
Rough & Finish Carpentry Wall Vinyl
Drywall/Taping/Floating Furniture touch up & Repair
Tile (Ceramic, Quarry, VCT, Marble)
7. KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
Dish Machines Food Choppers
Ovens Ansul/Fire Suppression Systems
Kitchen Exhaust Systems
8. LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
Ironers Folding Machines
Linen Handling Equipment
Maintain Vehicles in a safe manner Schedule and preform P M on Vehicles
10. ENERGY CONSERVATION
Chiller Efficiency Application of VFD's
Boiler Efficiency Lighting Efficiencies
Lighting Controls Programing of EMS/BMS
Chart & Graph Utility Consumption
11. GENERAL BUILDING
Roof Inspection, PM Minor Repairs
Asphalt and Concrete Repairs Masonry Repairs
Siding and Façade (coatings, caulking, inspections)
Landscape & Grounds Interior and Exterior Recreational Facilities & Equipment
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES.
• A thorough knowledge of Marriott's Culture and the importance of the Basics of Brilliant Hosting. Each Manager is responsible for maintaining total compliance of the Basics of Brilliant Hosting by their associates through ongoing training and reinforcement by modeling these behaviors, positive reinforcement and by taking corrective disciplinary measures.
• Qualification Requirements. To preform this job successfully, an individual must be able to preform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to preform the essential functions.
o This position is directly responsible for the following:
Direct supervision and scheduling of the work force.
All preventive maintenance work orders.
All repair and maintenance work orders.
Inventories and procurement of parts and supplies with emphasis on "inventory control" as well as cost of supplies.
Working knowledge of key and access control systems and the understanding of their importance in the hotel environment.
Accident prevention and safety.
Neatness and cleanliness of the engineering shop and all areas under direct control of the department.
Proper orientation, training and development of department associates.
o Supervise and participate in all preventative and general maintenance programs by:
Maintaining a rooms maintenance strategy to assure zero OOO rooms inventory.
Maintaining tracking data, check sheets and logs.
Planning and scheduling preventative maintenance.
Planning and scheduling corrective maintenance.
Planning and scheduling project work.
Regular daily inspections, commonly called M B W A
• Lead or otherwise participate in the transfer of information regarding priorities, assignments, and problem solving at the various briefing sessions each day.
• Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor systems as needed, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
• Energy Conservation - to observe and analyze energy and utility usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to Engineering Management
• Emergencies – to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
• Accident Prevention and Safety – to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
• Knowledge of basis computer programs as it pertains to the operation of Windows, Outlook and Excel.
• Records – to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each days activities and problems that occur and ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste and smell.
The associate must regularly lift and or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, reasonable color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While preforming the duties of this job, the associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires usually a 45 hour work week average. In addition it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked, and some weeks may be scheduled at less than 45 hours, and other weeks at more than 45 hours.