Chief Engineer- Celeste Hotel
- - The Celeste Hotel
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Marriott Employee Room Rate Discount
• To manage the day to day maintenance and operation of the hotel, its grounds and parking facilities.
• To plan and execute the Engineering Department annual, monthly and Capital budgets.
• To ensure the structural, fire life safety, HVAC, electrical, internal equipment and plumbing systems operate in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
• To plan and execute required training programs for all engineering personnel.
• To plan and execute safety training, such as Right to Know, Fire Extinguisher, Evacuation Procedures and MSDS for all hotel brilliant hosts, including M O D training of safety and building programs.
• Administer the Workers Comp. program in accordance with company and state guidelines.
• Language Skills- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, (Lockout Tagout, JSA's), building plans, equipment manuals, and schematics, The ability to write routine reports, keep logs and correspond with associates, vendors and customers.
• The ability to plan projects for the Engineering Department, both short term and long term. To effectively utilize manpower efficiently and safely working to better the guest experience.
• A thorough knowledge of Marriott's Culture and the importance of the Basics of Brilliant Hosting. Each Manager is responsible for maintaining total compliance of the Basics of Brilliant Hosting by their associates through ongoing training and reinforcement by modeling these behaviors, positive reinforcement and by taking corrective disciplinary measures.
• Conduct walk-through inspections and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other relations equipment.
• A thorough knowledge of building system preventative maintenance, and all related equipment P M's including kitchen, laundry, air conditioning, water heaters and guest rooms.
• Verify completion of all routine maintenance on all public and back of the house spaces.
• Adhere to corporate required purchasing policies and controls, including but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules. Follow safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
• Advise the GM and hotel department heads on a regular basis the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost-effective proposals, for maintaining these systems.
• Assist in the hiring, training, supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under direction of the Engineering and Security Departments.
• Manage and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Marriott policies, procedures, training and associate involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Certificate, plus two years technical training or 5 years' experience in a maintenance field 3 of which are in a management position in an Engineering Department.
• Knowledge of hotel safety and accident prevention.
• Knowledge of operating a Green Facility.
• EPA Certification level II or higher
• Management Competencies
• Leadership skills
• Knowledge of manpower utilization and scheduling.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods. Strong public presentation skills.
• Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Minimum lifting of 50lbs.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
• Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and upward reaching.
• Knowledge of safe work practices pertaining to all chemicals used in the operation of a hotel.
• Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking.
• This position requires Proficiency in any 6 of the following categories, above average skills in the remaining categories.
1. AIR CONDITIONING AND REFRIGERATION
Heating Systems Supply Fans
Ventilation Systems Fan Coil Units
Air Conditioning Systems Refrigerators and Walk-ins
Chiller/Boiler Controls Ice Machines
Expansion Tanks and Make up Systems
Condenser Loops Dryer Systems
Troubleshooting Read Schematics and Blue Prints
Equipment Controls Set up electrical Systems for functions
Maintain Electrical Distribution Systems throughout the hotel
Applicable Codes Generator transfer Switches
Install Conduit Runs
Pumps Related Equipment
Exhaust Fans Generators
Laundry Equipment Chillers
Boilers Water Softeners
Weld Water Treatment & Related Chemicals
Water Distribution & Balance Assemble Piping
5. PHEUMATIC/ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS & CONTROLS
Compressors Flow Restrictors
Relays Related Test Equipment
Receiver Controls EMS/BMS Computers
EMS/BMS modules Digital/Analog Differentiation
6. CARPENTRY & FINISH SKILLS
Rough & Finish Carpentry Wall Vinyl
Drywall/Taping/Floating Furniture touch up & Repair
Tile (Ceramic, Quarry, VCT, Marble)
7. KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
Dish Machines Food Choppers
Ovens Ansul/Fire Suppression Systems
Kitchen Exhaust Systems
8. LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
Ironers Folding Machines
Linen Handling Equipment
Maintain Vehicles in a safe manner Schedule and preform P M on Vehicles
10. ENERGY CONSERVATION
Chiller Efficiency Application of VFD's
Boiler Efficiency Lighting Efficiencies
Lighting Controls Programing of EMS/BMS
Chart & Graph Utility Consumption
11. GENERAL BUILDING
Roof Inspection, PM Minor Repairs
Asphalt and Concrete Repairs Masonry Repairs
Siding and Façade (coatings, caulking, inspections)
Landscape & Grounds Interior and Exterior Recreational Facilities & Equipment
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts